A step-by-step procedure for designing a virtual car with a computer-aided design CAD software is presented below.
- For designing a virtual car, you’ll first need an image or a rough sketch to work on. Once you create the hard copies, the CAD software comes into play. A CAD software allows you to edit the design and customize it with the help of different features.
- In the process of editing, the first step is to create an outline of the car. The outline can be traced with the help of ‘line’ tool.
- In the next step, the ‘extrusion’ tool is used to convert the 2-dimensional image into a 3-dimensional one.
- The ‘drawing’ tool, meant for drawing different shapes, should be used to create a cylindrical shape – tire of the car. Four cylindrical shapes would be required to create 4 tires of your virtual car. You will have to adjust the size of these cylindrical shapes by means of the ‘sizing’ tool.
- The ‘cut’ tool allows you to trace the details such as windows, doors, windshield, etc. Once you trace the details, paint them with the ‘color’ tool.
A modeling software like Adobe Photoshop is used for adding different ‘effects’ to a design. However, you can also ‘run’ your virtual cars with the help of computerized simulations. It is also possible to test the car you have designed for aerodynamics; knowledge of an advanced level is needed to use such kind of software. You can make a car lighter and stronger by making necessary changes to its design (prototype).
Building a car online involves the activity of customizing it with the help of options offered by the manufacturer of the car; a car is customized with tools offered by the manufacturer at his website. First, select the model of the car you want to customize. Use the tools that are offered on the website. Specify the color of the car, size of engine and other things which you need to upgrade. By following this procedure you can build a nice, customized car.
Nowadays, 3D modeling software are commonly used for the activity of designing a virtual car. Engineers and designers make use of a myriad of software to improve the design of cars. Choose a software that you find easy to work with and get going with the process of designing.
- How to Make 3D Wallpapers with DAZ Studio
- How to Translate, Rotate, and Scale 3D Objects in Blender
- Difference Between HD and 3D Technology
- A Beginner’s Guide to 3D Art and DAZ Studio
- How to Use SketchUp Make for 3D Design